So I'm told today's the actual day of the Mooncake festival. So, in light of that, here's the loading screen from the Angry Birds Seasons update of said festival:
And here's some mooncakes. Well, pictures of mooncakes anyway.
Speaking of the moon, I was playing Portal 2 over the weekend. Yes, I know, I really should have better things to do. It was er... stress relief. Anyway, though I'm behind on this game by several months, I expect some of you haven't played it yet, so, if you're planning to play it, massive end-game spoilers coming ahead.
There is no cake in this game, though there is a lie that mentions cake.
You'd think that after all the strange and wonderful things we've seen and done in video games, it's hard to surprise gamers anymore. After all, I have played out pulling an Imperial Star Destroyer out of the sky, fought giant, epic destroyer mecha, not to mention entire armies, utilized awe-inducing weapons of mass destruction, etc, etc... Yet, I can honestly say that the finishing move in this game really left me awestruck.
Because you shoot a portal to the moon. Yes, you, with your portal gun, shoot a portal to the moon. The moon, 443 km away. And to top it all off, the developers even factored in the time taken for light to reach the moon and back, which made it 3 seconds all the more awesome, a real-time dramatic pause.
Those who play on the XBox even get an achievement - "Lunacy" - and the description is simply "That just happened."
Yeah, it just did.
I'm still geeking out about it. So, yeah, it was awesome.
Also,
Also,
Recorded announcement: If the laws of physics no longer apply in the future, God help you.
Happy Mooncake festival!





No comments:
Post a Comment